Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Foster Status Update

Vanna was adopted Saturday morning. She will be spending her time with three kids and will go fishing and on family vacations. I think she's going to have a great time living it up in the North East!

Dan finally caved, so we adopted Betty this weekend! I'm hoping to train her to be a therapy dog, so Dan and I will start a training class with Llewyn and Betty soon.

Wilma had an amazing weekend. Friday, she met some potential adopters who are a perfect match for her. On Saturday, she won a dog beauty contest in the category of "new dog on the block." Then, she went to Sarge's 16th birthday party and made lots of friends. During the party, we got news that the adopters were sold on Wilma and wouldn't be meeting other dogs as planned. She was adopted Monday night and gets to sleep in the bed!

Five of our six foster kittens have homes lined up, so we need one more adopter. Their spay/neuter was postponed until next Monday because most did not weigh enough.

Lily, the mama cat is still at her trial adoption. She isn't liking the dog she lives with very much, but hopefully she'll warm up!

Since Wilma and Vanna are both adopted, we got a new foster Monday night. We were originally thinking we'd get a small dog, but there weren't any available who had been behavior tested.

So, we picked this poor tiny puppy who was "found as a stray" earlier in the day. She was terrified while we were there, but was already warmed up by the time she got home. Her 48 hour stray hold is now up, so I'm going to start advertising her tonight.

Molly, is a 2-4 month old puppy who is probably a shepherd mix. She currently weighs 13lbs. Her age is hard to determine, but if she's 2 months old, then she'll be medium-large (~60lbs), but if she's closer to 4 months old, she'll be small-medium (more like 30lbs). My best guess, based on teeth, is that she's 14 weeks and will be 40lbs. Her adopters will need to be prepared for any of these size/breed mixture possibilities
Molly is excellent at fetch and has a ton of energy. She's doing well working on her house-training.
Here are the two pics I took at the shelter. I have some new ones, but they're still on my camera. I'd better get some good ones for her CL post!






And here is a video, since she's too wiggly for camera phone pics:

1 comment:

  1. Dan doing dishes while you play with animals. Yep, that seems about right.

    ReplyDelete